WHAT IT’S LIKE?
- Member Service / Customer Care Representatives have a lively and varied daily level of activity:
- There are days when it is very busy, and you are moving quickly from call to call
- There are days when it is slow, and you will be looking to find additional things to do, and keep busy too
- You will virtually meet many new people daily, and they will be from all over the USA potentially and possibly outside the US as well
- The members/customers will need your assistance and will be looking to you be to their “problem solver” or “guidance advisor” as they will be calling in to get something solved, or find out what needs to be done in many cases.
- Sometimes they will already be extremely frustrated by the time they reach out, but you got this, and know to expect that can happen, knowing you would feel the same in their place
- Energetic, positive communication style with emphasis on “service with a smile”
- Empathetic, and able to quickly identify and prioritize customers’ needs
- A self-starter with a tenacious work ethic, willing to get the work done and keep on a task, even when at times it can be monotonous or challenging
- Collaborative team player
- Experience in a service-oriented role such as retail, hospitality, fast food, in person customer service, call center member or customer service
- Strong computer & telephone multitasking skills including: the ability to effectively search for and type information in on the computer, navigate through multiple window tabs and screens quickly, while inputting the information accurately, and keeping pace while conducting calls with customers